Providing Environmental Consulting Services for Public-Owned and Privately Owned Water and Wastewater Systems In Texas
Elston Johnson and Associates (EJA) offers drinking water and wastewater program regulatory support, along with assistance with water sector security issues and expertise in the development of regulatory-based environmental programs.
- Water and wastewater permitting and regulatory support
- Governmental policy and regulatory program development
- Compliance monitoring and reporting
- Funding sources for projects
- Facilitating training, meetings and workshops
- Water security, preparedness and consequence management
- Solution-based client advocacy and oversight
Who We Serve
EJA provides expert services to public and privately owned clients who design, install and operate reliable and efficient water and wastewater treatment systems. Our findings, solutions and recommendations empower clients to provide safe and reliable water service with treatment and disposal options that minimize environmental impacts and maximize overall effectiveness.
Leader For 20 Years In Drinking Water and Wastewater Regulatory Consultation
Elston Johnson serves as the principal of EJA. He has more than 20 years of experience in the water industry after being awarded a Bachelor of Science Degree in Bioenvironmental Sciences from Texas A&M University and a Master of Science in Environmental Science from the University of Texas at San Antonio.
EJA’s experience with local and state government entities entails working with all sizes and types of water and wastewater utilities includes assisting and advising with compliance and regulatory issues. EJA has partnered with many clients and helped guide them and other diverse groups to achieve consensus through collaboration and trust.
Appointments to federal and state governmental advisory groups
Training sessions offered
Why Choose Us
EJA is certified as a Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) with long-standing relationships in the water resource and utility industries. We provide our clients access to key decision-makers and policy drafters in addressing their regulatory needs.
Whether it’s a challenging capital project or small privately financed venture, EJA’s focused skill set and determination combine to achieve desired results. Water and waste water expertise is also paramount to effective communication and training, and EJA’s consultant roles help maximize operational efficiencies.
Showcase of Recent Projects
Wastewater Permitting and Regulatory Support
- Provided regulatory advising services to engineering company in completing TCEQ permit renewal application for the City of Pearland Southdown Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Provided regulatory advising services to engineering company in obtaining approval for the City of Houston Willow Run Wastewater Treatment Plant Closure Plan.
Public Water System Permitting and Regulatory Support
Facilitating Training, Meetings and Workshops
Community and Public Involvement
EJA President also volunteers to help promote the importance of the water industry.
- Currently serving as Vice Chair on the Executive Committee of the Texas Section of the American Water Works Association.
- Founding member and currently serving as the TAWWA representative on the Texas Water Infrastructure Coordination Committee.