About E Johnson Consulting
Elston Johnson and Associates (EJA), established and operating in Round Rock, Texas, provides environmental consulting services specializing in regulatory assistance and water sector security to water and wastewater utilities in the State of Texas. EJA is certified with the State of Texas as a Historically Underutilized Business (HUB).
EJA strives to provide its clients with regulatory solutions based on years of experience in the industry. EJA has built a number of relationships in the water resource and utility industry to provide its clients with access to decision-makers to address their regulatory needs.
EJA is a professional consulting company specializing in water and wastewater regulatory compliance issues in the State of Texas. EJA can provide assistance with a wide range of compliance and security related services to Federal, State, and Local agencies, and publicly and privately owned utilities. A summary of the Regulatory Advising services EJA offers is provided below:
- Sensible solutions to resolve regulatory compliance issues.
- Authorizations/registrations/permits for water and wastewater utility projects including decentralized wastewater treatment systems.
- Compliance documentation including monitoring and reporting.
- Governmental policy and regulation development.
- Funding sources for water and wastewater projects.
- Facilitating meetings and workshops.
- Technical assistance on water security related topics including preparedness planning, consequence management, and recovery assistance.
- Compliance and regulatory training program.
EJA can provide assistance with project management or other project tasks to larger firms, or smaller utilities. EJA can also support meeting requirements for State of Texas HUB credit either as part of a team for large projects or as an individual for smaller projects.
EJA will provide excellent service to each client through consistency and responsiveness. EJA focuses on collaboration and relationship building to find solutions to any environmental regulatory compliance issues.
Elston Johnson serves as the principle employee of Elston Johnson and Associates. Mr. Johnson has more than 20 years of experience in the water industry. He received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Bioenvironmental Sciences from Texas A&M University and a Master of Science in Environmental Science from the University of Texas at San Antonio. Mr. Johnson has spent 20 years in local and state government working with all sizes and types of water and wastewater utilities assisting with compliance and regulatory issues. He is experienced guiding diverse groups to achieve consensus through collaboration and trust. Mr. Johnson is a Registered Professional Sanitarian in the State of Texas.
He has served on federal and state committees including:
- EPA’s National Drinking Water Advisory Council which is appointed by the EPA Administrator to advise the administrator on issues impacting the National Drinking Water program.
- Department of Homeland Security’s Water Sector Coordination Committee made up of representatives from federal, regional, state, local and tribal government programs.
- State of Texas Emergency Drinking Water Task Force.
- Board of the Texas Section of the American Waterworks Association.
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality’s Pharmaceutical Disposal Study Workgroup.